Sedation with Laughing Gas
If you have fear of injections or anxiety and physchical discomfort of sitting on the dental chair, we offer you new type of anaestesia – sedation with laughing gas. The anaestetic is effective, fast, helps you to relax, entirely painless and has pleasant smell of cherries, vanilla, strawberry.
Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas is a chemical compound with the formula N2O. It is an oxide of nitrogen. At room temperature, it is a colourless, non-flammable gas, with a slightly sweet odour and taste. It is discovered in 1793 by Joseph Priestly and It is being used more than 150 years in surgery and dentistry for its anaesthetic and analgesic effects.
- What are the advantages of nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide works very rapidly – it reaches the brain within 20 seconds, and relaxation and pain-killing properties develop after 2 or 3 minutes.
- The depth of sedation can be altered from moment to moment, allowing the person who administers the gas to increase or decrease the depth of sedation.
- Other sedation techniques have a fixed duration of action (because the effects of pills or intravenous drugs last for a specific time span), whereas gas can be given for the exact time span it’s needed for.
- There’s no “hangover” effect – the gas is eliminated from the body within 3 to 5 minutes after the gas supply is stopped. You can safely drive home and don’t need an escort.
- No injection is required. In cases of very severe needle phobia, getting laughing gas first can help you feel relaxed enough to allow the needle required for IV sedation to be inserted in your arm or hand.
- Inhalation sedation is very safe. It has no ill effects on the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain.
- Inhalation sedation has been found to be very effective in eliminating or at least minimizing severe gagging.
Our Questions Form
If you have a question about our services, we will be glad to answer